4.28.2011

sleepover


We had a sleepover at Grandma's house on Tuesday night!  Oh the fun! Notice Ellie even has her bunny slippers on!

There was a reason for this last minute sleepover.  That being we (okay, Dad and Hubby) are starting work on the upstairs!  Everybody shout for joy with me!!  That's it...thank you!

Not sure how many of you know this, but when Jay and I got married, the entire first floor of our home was completely finished, but we left the upstairs completely unfinished knowing that we could get to it as time and money allowed.  Well....along came Ellie. Need I say more? {grin} She has been sweet enough to sleep in her bed in our living room for the past 4 months or so. However, as she is getting older, I am getting more and more eager for her to have her very own room upstairs. So, the project has officially begun!

But, I digress...Ah, yes, the reason for the aforesaid sleepover.  Well, the boys are working on re-locating one of the bathrooms upstairs per my request.  (Are they not the sweetest?!! Moving this bathroom over a few feet will add some more space to our master bedroom, and I get to re-arrange the bathroom to my satisfaction.  Nice.)  The PVC glue has to dry for 24 hours or so...meaning that the water in the entire house would need to be shut off for that specified amount of time.  Needless to say, Ellie and I quickly packed up and headed over to the land of many waters....aka Grandma's house.

We ate...



Read some books...


played...


and played some more...


We had a wonderful time. We always do.  Thank you, Mama for having us.

Other exciting news:  The boys have also been working quite diligently outside too.  They have tilled my entire backyard and most of the front yard in preparation for--get this--OUR LAWN!! Yes, we have not had any grass whatsoever around here.  Just dirt. With some sunshine and water, though, we may have some green grass very soon.  Hubby has all of the seed sitting upstairs.  Let me tell you, it is a lot of grass seed.

Other not-so-exciting news:  I should have said WAY not-so-exciting news.  My vehicle's transmission is out of commission.  {sad}  I cannot go in reverse at all.  Definitely makes for interesting driving, and even more interesting parking.  So, if you see a lady trying to push her car backward...well, that's me...PLEASE HELP!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

this is way too cute! I love the title, pictures and script! Nice job! :) love you

James D. Albert said...

I had a car like that once... my advice is to always park on level ground, or facing uphill. That way, you can put it in neutral and let gravity do the backing up! Seriously, we have an idea that might be able to help you. Your mom will mention it to you shortly.