10.09.2011

October 2nd

October 2nd is a date that sticks in my mind.  There are several reasons.

Grandpa (Bill Blackner) celebrated his birthday on this day.  He passed away last September at the age of 95.



My grandma (Opal Stinchcomb) passed away on this day in 2008.  She had a massive heart attack at the age of 95.

Grandma celebrating her 90th birthday

Grandma holding Ashley

Grandma holding Rachel

Grandma with most of her granddaughters


On this same day in 2008 my father was taken into surgery.  The outcome was not positive for a long life.  In fact, he was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma cancer.  He lived another 6 weeks.



Dad at the Lake

Christmas in Ohio 2006


This October 2nd was a sweet, sweet date.  You see, we celebrated my granddaughter.  She had her first birthday on September 29th and we celebrated on the 2nd.  It was a beautiful day.





 This is the day that the Lord has made. 
 Though remembering life or death, 
I will be glad and rejoice in it.


2 comments:

KC said...

beautiful, Mama...just beautiful...

Kim Milhoan said...

Kirk and I are in the airport in Kathmandu, Nepal. We're on our way to Bangkok. He'll go on to Papua New Guinea and I'll go home to Texas. Had some time to catch up with the Franks! Happy birthday to Ellie! And so excited to hear "it's a boy"! Love and blessings!